It has been little news from FXI the last 6 months. FXI Technologies is still strong and we are continuing developing software for the Cotton Candy. The last months has mostly been spent by the Engineering team to set up a better build environment for Android ICS 4.0.4 for the Cotton Candy. In the spirit of the Open Source development we are opening and giving access to the git repositories and information regarding the Android build process.
The build process can be found here
The relevant changes that can be found in the source tree:
- New firmware for the video decoder, giving better stability in video decoding
- Enabled support for most USB-to-Ethernet adapters
- General stabilization of the platform.
Feel free to clone the git repository and start the compiling:-)
First of all we want to thank the existing Cstick community you for your valuable contributions and discussions on the forum. After long internal discussions we have decided to close the forum and replace it with a new Cstick.com site.
The new cstick.com will emphasize on providing easy access in-depth information on developing software for the Cotton Candy.
If you have any questions or requests please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The FXI Team
Can be downloaded from http://download.cstick.com/ and the default password is (as before) : linaro
This is just a quick release to:
- Remove a bug introduced in the last release
- Include the same upgrades to wifi/bluetooth as in the ICS release
Beta1e is now available at:
- Improvements to wifi and bluetooth stability. Changes to the overall bsp as well as the wifi firmware which should result in noticeably faster (and more stable) connectivity. We’re very interested in hearing how these changes work out for you when using different access points, channels +++.
- Removed a semi-random crash bug which was introduced in the last release. (Memory corruption caused by HDMI CEC events. These are now disabled while we try to work out a longer-term fix).
- Auto-mount of USB storage connected to the micro-USB host port.
- su binary is now (finally!) included.